Founded by Blessed James Alberione, in Alba on February 10, 1924, liturgical memorial of St. Scholastica, our Congregation, Disciples of the Divine Master, is the third institute of the Pauline Family.
The first group of disciples was composed of 8 young women with Orsola Maria Rivata assigned as sister-in-charge. She would later take the religious name Sr. M. Scholastica on the day of her religious clothing. The eight sisters were given the name Pie Discepole del Divin Maestro (literally, Pious Disciples of the Divine Master).
We were recognized in the Church through the folllowing stages:
- 1947 April 3: Diocesan Approval granted by the Bishop of Alba, H.E. Mons. Luigi M. Grassi;
- 1948 January 12: Pontifical Approval by His Holiness Pius XII;
- 1960 August 30: Definitive Approval by His Holiness John XXIII.