Find out more
Who's OnlineWe have 34 guests online
|We ask your intercession…|
At Sanfre’, in the room in which Mother M. Scholastica spent the last years of her life and from which she departed for her final voyage, there is a register in which visitors can write their intentions or reflections.
Relatives of the sisters, acquaintances, occasional visitors often leave requests for protection for their family, for the path of their children, for health:
- Dearest Mother Scholastica, Since by God’s will I do not know how I came to be in this house, I ask and beg you to pray for my family and especially for my daughter A. Keep her close to your heart and pray strongly, you who are now close to the Divine Master, hear my supplication.
- Dear Mother Scholastica, now that you are in the glory of God the Father and Creator and in the glory of your Spouse Jesus Christ, pray for us, grandparents, and for all parents that we may be able to inculcate in our grandchildren the Christian sense of faith. That within our families there may be many holy vocations to the priesthood, religious life, laity…
- In this place which knows the secret of your final earthly suffering, I ask of you the grace to accept all the trials of this life from the Lord, which sometimes we cannot understand through our limited human intelligence…
- Mother Scholastica, I remember you affectionately and entrust to you my family and all my preoccupations. Thank you for everything.
- Thank you Mother Scholastica for being near me and giving me assistance and serenity in the fulfillment of my daily duties. Assist D. and M. that serenity may return to their family for the good of their children…
- Mother Scholastica, I entrust to you my family and all the persons who suffer, in the hope that they will no longer suffer…
- Dearest godmother Mother Scholastica, I have come to wish you a Happy Nameday. Intercede for our families with the Divine Master, for our intentions which you know. We thank you in advance and praise the most Holy Trinity for his immense goodness…
- Dear Mother Scholastica, I entrust to you my daughter…Assist her in her difficulties, protect her from dangers, sustain her always in her path…
- Dearest Mother M. Scholastica, you know what is needed for my niece C. and family. Do not leave me alone, the matter is too important. You know that unity in families is indispensable. If you intervene I am certain that everything will work out well…Thank you in advance
- Dear Mother Scholastica, I entrust to you my two children. I beg you to watch over them in the moments that I cannot be with them and intercede for my entire family.
- A boy writes: Dear Mother Scholastica, make me become good!
- The sisters of Sanfre’, the Pious Disciples and the members of the Pauline Family visiting from various parts of the world always leave “the prayer orders” to Mother Scholastica in the various languages:
- Mother Scholastica, I entrust to you all the sisters and all the projects of the Pious Disciples in the world (November 5, 2001, Sr. M. Franca Riba)
- Mother Scholastica, gentle and humble of heart like Jesus, grant me and all Pauline priests the openness of heart that we may draw from the Divine Master those treasures of grace and virtue that render our ministry credible. D.F. ssp
- Dear Mother Scholastica, help me to know our dear Maestra Tecla, to make her known to the young people, you who, like her, knew how to be a Mother and the experience of silence before Paradise ( a FSP)
- Dear Mother M. Scholastica, you already enjoy the beatific vision of the Blessed Trinity: adore, thank, and intercede for us. Pray also for us that we may know how to live each day of our life, praising God in docility, in simplicity, in the daily service done with love and for love…
- The war has begun [the reference is to the outbreak of war in Afghanistan in 2001]: you, Mother Maria Scholastica, from heaven, now that you enjoy the beatific vision, ask Jesus through Mary that it may end soon and that those who die may attain Paradise, regardless of the religion to which they belong. For those who remain in sorrow, that they may receive the assistance they need to survive.
- I entrust to you my nephew R., sustain him in his illness, but especially that he may also attain salvation. I am still here in Sanfre’, I am writing to you from your room. Remember me, and that I might follow you into Paradise…
- Thank you Mother Scholastica for the examples you have given us, grant that we may imitate you.
- Mother Scholastica help me to live with faith so that only Jesus M. will be enough for me.
- Dearest Mother, intercede for us for sanctity of life. Thank you.
- Dear Mother Scholastica, I entrust to you my hardships and struggles.
- Dearest Mother Scholastica, grant that I may grow in my spiritual life as Jesus expects of me.
- Dear Mother Scholastica, I praise and bless the Lord for the marvels of grace he has worked in you, your humility, your faith, your simplicity. I ask these gifts of the Lord through your intercession. From heaven protect us all in our journey. May we always fulfill the will of God in faith and humility. Thank you!
- Mother M. Scholastica, we are within the triduum of our foundation. Intercede for our Congregation and for every Pious Disciple. Help us to live in fidelity and in love that we may always and everywhere be Pious Disciples of Jesus Master. Thank you!
- Beloved Signora Maestra, you welcomed me as a child and watched over me with great tenderness…In these spiritual exercises you made me understand what it means to be a Pious Disciple of the Divine Master. Thank you! Infinite thanks, but stay always near me until death…
- “I bless you, O Father, for you have hidden these things from the learned and the wise and have revealed them to the little ones”. Mother Scholastica, teach us to know-follow-love-radiate Jesus Master, Way, Truth and Life throughout the world.
Not only in the house of Sanfre’, but every community can place a small book near the image of Mother M. Scholastica for the “prayer requests” which the persons frequenting our community wish to entrust to her intercession with the Divine Master. This will also be useful in demonstrating the “fame of sanctity” which surrounds her.
We also ask that you notify us of the small and great graces received through the intercession of Mother Scholastica which we receive personally, as a community, or communicated by other persons. Sometimes things may seem small in the context of daily life, but they form part of the language of holiness, useful in writing the pages of an evangelical life.
I will give you some very good advice,
for every moment that you are in need.
Do not remain in pain, but tell the Lord immediately:
Lord, forgive my sins
and grant me your assistance and your peace.
Mother M. Scholastica Rivata
|Renewing the cause|
Sr. M. Regina, the Superior General of the Pious Disciples of the Divine Master, wrote in her first circular letter of 2006: “February 10 marks the 82nd anniversary of our foundation. On this date, in obedience to the deliberation of the 7th General Chapter, we will renew the cause of beatification for Mother M. Scholastica Rivata: “the root which gives rise to the flower; the chandelier from which the light glows; the heavens in which the star shines” (Bl. Timothy Giaccardo, 1947). For this date the Postulator, Fr. Antonio Da Silva SSP, and Sr. M. Joseph Oberto have planned the work to be brought to the Congregation for the Causes of the Saints.